“Splatterday” measures 12 x 36″ Large and is on Gallery Canvas. Created in a street art /graffiti style. This Work of Art also has texture added on with a palette knife. The colors have great contrast and are vivid for a dramatic effect. The great white shark was drawn with a paintbrush and painted by hand with detail to enhance the appearance of the shark. There is a hidden city under the rising water with colorful buildings and a splattered painting effect in many colors. A modern abstract representation of one of our favorite top predators of the ocean.
I love sharks, to me they are such interesting animals and to draw them and capture the wild essence of their nature is my intent. Hope you like this one as much as I do. I decided to put it on auction for $49 with NO RESERVE to give people a chance to win one of my signed originals at an affordable price. I have been contacted by other countries who always have to pay shipping and custom fees so the price is great for them. Wish I could provide more affordable pieces, but it is impossible since I am a full time artist and live off my work. This is a March Madness / Spring has Sprung Sale for my fans. I would never be able to make it without you. Thank you all for supporting my art and a living artist! This is only on auction for another 4 days so if you want to place a bid click here.
- Zombie Eats Shark – Southern Fried Art (laurabarbosa.wordpress.com)
- Fisherman hooks great white shark in Florida (usatoday.com)
- Fisherman gets dragged five miles by a great white shark in the Gulf of Mexico (itv.com)
- Great white shark not often seen in Gulf (abcactionnews.com)
- Florida Scientists Discover 2,000-Pound Great White Shark Near Surf Spot (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Anglers reel in great white shark in FL (wcpo.com)
- VIDEO: Shark attack survivor saves great whites (bbc.co.uk)