I was wondering if any of you knew about Vintage Bears and Rabbits? Can you help to Identify These 2 Treasures? I am thinking they may be from 1910 or 1920?
Archive for the Sculpture and Art Dolls Category
Just some fun dog breed sculptures created with love and admiration for the purebreds presented. From top to bottom – The Bull Terrier, Dogue De Bordeaux and Black Labrador Retriever. This is art created from photos. Enjoy~
- Dogo Argentino – The Big Game Hunter (brighthub.com)
- An Insight on The American Pit Bull Terrier (therealowner.com)
- About the American Pit Bull Terrier (brighthub.com)
- Great Danes are a great presence at dog show in Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg (pennlive.com)
- Diagnosing and Understanding the Dying Behavior of a Dog (brighthub.com)
- Westminster Dog Show: Day two (timeoutny.com)
- My Thoughts: Pit bull epidemic requires passage of breed-specific ordinance (commercialappeal.com)
- Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Dog Breed (brainz.org)
- Do certain dog breeds have “locking jaws?” (sfgate.com)
- Larson Lakeview Bulldogge Dog Breed (brainz.org)
These works of art were custom orders created from client pet photos.The Bulldog Wedding was a gift for a client who’s sister was getting married and the dog’s faces were painted to resemble their pet photos.
Medium: clay, paint, linen, felt and glue. Hand Painted Mixed Media Figurative Sculpture.
- Hand Painted Enamel & Sterling Silver Bulldog Cufflinks (execgiftsblog.com)
- Bulldogs captain Johnson to end career (news.theage.com.au)
- Jonno, Western Bulldogs bouncing back (news.theage.com.au)
I use to own another company called: “Doll Kennel LLC“, many moons ago. The company did not succeed because I was new to marketing and the internet, but I have photos of many sculptures and have been asked to share them on this blog. This post is about My Neopolitan Mastiff Collection. Some of these dolls were created from photos. The medium used to create these soft sculptures are felt, hot glue, linen, paint and clay.
The Mastino is a magnificent dog breed and I love mastiffs. . This collection was purchased by a well known Mastino Breeder in the UK many years ago. I flew to the UK with the dolls in my suitcase and met her at her wonderful kennel to deliver her set of mastino dolls. A great adventure and wonderful experience.
(If you take a close look: the word neo is mispelled on the sculpture /Oh well, too late now- but don’t worry, mistakes like these only make the art worth more in the future. Cheers)
These mastiffs were used in wars many many moons ago. It is only fitting to add a Centurion Theme.
The Neo comes from Italy so it was only right to add a GUIDO! Party’s here Jersey Shore Gang! A Fist pumpin’ mastiff from Seaside Heights with a gold horn and the italian flag.
Stay tuned for more sculptures of different dog breeds, coming soon.
- Useful Articles About Neapolitan Mastiff Dog Breed Height, Weight, Color, History And Description – Share This Info (animaltopics.com)
- Three New Dog Breeds for The Akc (therealowner.com)
- Size does matter (mysanantonio.com)
- Spanish Mastiff Dog Breed (brainz.org)
- Tibetan Mastiff (lifetoup.com)
- Giant Maso Mastiff Dog Breed (brainz.org)
- 11 reviews of Mastiff (rateitall.com)
I use to own another business many moons ago called Doll Kennel LLC. This company was my first foot forward into the world of selling art on a professional level. It mainly consisted of mixed media figurative sculptures within the dog breed themes.
I sold about 100 dolls my first year and even took a trip to the UK to deliver 5 Neapolitan Mastiff Sculptures to a well known breeder of the Mastino. A great adventure to say the least.
I am still looking through my millions of photos so I can start posting my dog breed dolls. They are all one-of-a-kind and handmade by me. Some are still in my studio and could possibly be for sale someday, that is – if I can part with them!