Decorated Sugar Skulls are used to adorn the ofrendas on Dia de los Muertos in Mexico. In Spain, skulls were used to mark the entryway to cemeteries. Many Cultures have different meanings for their fancy skulls. The mixing of a skull with flowers symbolizes life and love in this artwork.
New!! 3 Day Auction – $1.99 No Reserve – Signed “Skull of Flowers” by Laura Barbosa / Link to Auction
- Unusual – The Day of Skulls Hosted In Bolivia (oddstuffmagazine.com)
- Day after Halloween is the Day of the Dead (wholesalehalloweencostumes.com)
- History of the Skull & Crossbones and Poison Symbol (mysafetysign.com)
- Dia de los Muertos “Day of the Dead” (rosewoodinitiative.org)
- Dia de Los Muertos Event (mende070.wordpress.com)
- ¡Feliz de Dia de Los Muertos! (marycatherinemiddleton.wordpress.com)