This original abstract painting was inspired by the red planet “Mars” and it’s many monoliths found by NASA and claimed to be seen by amateur stargazers. Created with metallic silver spraypaint and a rough background texture, the structures were made with layers of paint making this a 3D work of art and a mixed media representation of a fantasy, sci-fi landscape on canvas. This is a very bright and colorful artwork with hues of green, silver, blue, orange, yellow, pink, red, purple, brown, metallic gold and neon pink.
Interested in purchasing this Modern Art of Mars? The links below are 3 ways to buy this artwork according to your price range. Thanks for looking!
Buy Original Painting
Buy Fine Art Prints
Place a Bid on eBay
- Curiosity rover: why does sci-fi always look more marvellous than reality? | Jonathan Jones (guardian.co.uk)
- Sci-Fi Short Terraform: A Different Kind of Mars Landing (wired.com)
- We Went to Mars Again, but the Only Surface Photos of Venus Are from 80s Soviet Rovers (motherboard.vice.com)
- Jersey Shore – Colorful Modern Abstract Paintings (laurabarbosa.wordpress.com)
- Why We’re Obsessed with Mars (space.com)
- New Wheels on Mars [Page 3.14] (scienceblogs.com)
- Why It’s Great We Send Robots To Mars And Why People Should Follow [Rants] (jalopnik.com)
- Greetings From Mars! Huge NASA Rover Makes Daring Landing on Red Planet (space.com)
- Countdown to Curiosity’s Nail-Biting Landing on Mars (theepochtimes.com)
3 thoughts on “Mars Monolith – A Modern Sci Fi Painting of the Red Planet”
I love the effect with the metallic spray paint.
Thanks – I love mixing it up. I also do alot of acrylics and Ink – I Like the effects…. fun! Thanks for the comment and for stopping by :0)